TES Skyrim 0.217

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

TES Skyrim 0.217

The Elder Scrolls Skyrim (TES Skyrim, Скурим Свитки)

Graphic mod ENBSeries / patch ENBoost 0.217

Added support of shader parameters precision via "UIStep" annotation. Added support of shader techniques names via "UIName" annotations to allow users select shaders. Ask preset makers to adopt their code to new features.
What actually you can do with this? UIStep is not very useful thing, but i did it by request, here is an example of shader parameter with annotations, which is visible in editor:

Code: Select all

float	EParameter
<
	string UIName="Parameter name";
	string UIWidget="Spinner";
	float UIMin=0.0;
	float UIMax=100.0;
	float UIStep=1.0;
> = {0.0};
If UIStep set to 1.0, variable will have values like 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, ... If UIStep=0.001, then parameters are 0.001, 0.002, 0.003, 0.004, etc.
UIStep only supported for float variables and ignored for others.
"UIStep" and "uistep" are the same.

Changes to techniques are much more useful for players and for preset makers, because it allow to add many different shaders without recompiling of the shader code (manually editing). For example default "Draw" technique of enbsunsprite.fx shader can be expanded to other, any kind, like this:

Code: Select all

//default technique
technique Draw
{
//some passes and shaders
}
//extra technique
technique Anamorph <string UIName="Anamorphic";>
{
//some extra passes and shaders
}
Techniques will be added to list of editor ONLY when their name defined as annotation (same as for any parameters of shaders), this will keep users away from setting wrong techniques like "PostProcess2" or "WriteFocus".
Multipass shaders also supported, you can use "PostProcess", "PostProcess2", "PostProcess3", etc together with declared technique like "PostBlur", "PostBlur2", "PostBlur3", etc and digits of the pass will be added automatically to selected technique.
Maximal number of techniques are 256, but this limitation is only for declared techniques, so "PostProcess" and "PostBlur" use only two techniques, not including "PostProcess2", "PostBlur2", etc.

"BloomPostPass" is default technique for bloom.
"PostProcess" is default technique for enbeffectprepass.fx and effect.txt (why nobody did yet cell shading or anything like that in enbeffectprepass? it's not for dof only).
"Draw" is default technique in enbsunsprite.fx
"Shader_D6EC7DD1" is default technique in enbeffect.fx

Well, i hope this will give much more space for effects. Now thinking how better to remove lenz reflections from bloom (as they use blurred image from bloom) and may be to change standart of multipass shaders by adding new texture, which is source from first pass (at cost of vram of course).

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.217

Wow, wow, wow....
And I wanted to stop recoding for a while.... Not yet I guess :D
Thanx Boris !
BTW, I reinjected anamorphic flares, grain, sharpening and dynamic vars to my latest prepass.fx...
The eternal question is *where* do additional effects look better... especially sharpening. Some methods look better as pre, other as post... we have infinite choices here....
OK, LOTS of work ;)
Eagerly waiting for a lenz-dedicated shader BTW, if you can manage this, this will be VERY usefull.

EDIT : also, the EdgeAA + SubPixelAA combination is something I get used to, more and more...
Could we think about having setable parameters for SubPixelAA, like a threshold thing ?...
Last edited by Oyama on 10 Sep 2013, 07:16, edited 1 time in total.
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*sensei*

Thanks for the update, Boris. This will help with expanding new shaders. Can't wait for shaders dedicated for lens reflections, it would be very good.

PS: I actually did do cell shading in enbeffectprepass.fx file before, but didn't look that great :(

Flickr
Twitter

*master*

Thank you Boris ! We have finally the tools to make presets like as we wish, and safer.

That's decided. Not using anymore presets not adapted to 0.217 architecture.
Asus P8Z77-V, G.Skill TridentX 2x4go PC3-19200 CL9, Intel Core i5-3570K (3.4 GHz), Gigabyte Geforce GTX 670 WindForce 3x OC(335.23), Samsung SSD 840 Pro 128go+500Go 7200RPM SATA III, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, Windows 8.1 Pro x64, The Grim and Somber ENB

Уряя, новая версия! Спасибо! Жалко, что в новых версиях нету PhysicsFix (кстати, где я могу почитать про это поподробнее?)

Игра у меня стала запускаться с 4-10 раза, т.е запускается и затем вылетает на рабочий стол до загрузки меню. Если успешно стартует, то черный экран, через примерно 20 секунд появляется меню и дальше все нормально. Драйвер 13.8(2013.0723.1944.33607)
, настройки драйвера по умолчанию. Надеюсь, что такая проблема только у меня.

AA работает не так хорошо, как хотелось бы - видны лесенки

P.S Ещё хотел спросить, можно ли хотя бы в теории сделать настоящие отражения на воде в TES5 с помощью ENBSeries?

EDIT: file deleted

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Creatormaster
Не надо аттачить файлы к форуму, я их удаляю, особенно большие. Только внешние ссылки или только если крайне важное что-то, либо тест, либо помощь юзерам. Сервер хороший, но не резиновый.
Фикс физики это ограничитель кадров свыше 100, если его удаление приводит к вылетам, включайте вертикальную синхронизацию или fpslimiter, баг никаким боком к моду.
Отражения делать не буду, пока не возьмусь за воду и вообще вряд ли буду их делать пока нет ддр4 и процов соответствующих, только скринспэйс терпимо по производительности.

пока не одного вылета и не разу не было что бы не загрузилось, все отлично 8-)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Version updated, fixed crash with remove blur when enboost only enabled.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I still try to find out what causes these ENB load savegame instabilities (direct CTD after Save state is loaded and about to get displayed)
i don't understand this random behavior and it's pattern especially if this once happened and i free the system memory state by closing applications it doesn't fix that once unstable the chance to get it stable again is very small without interfering in some way :(

It's mostly like that it's super stable and i test stuff then i change some texture to test it load the save the save CTDs then i rechange the texture mostly these changes are between compressed and uncompressed and then load the savegame again and it CTDs again and doesn't get stable anymore :(

Once iam in this unstable ENB load savegame CTD state a fix that most times works is i disable the ENB hook completely start the game without ENB and load the savegame most of the times the savegame then doesn't CTD and loads successful :)

Then after the Savegame got loaded successful without ENB the chance that the System is stable again is very high and then i enable the ENB hook again and load the savegame and it doesn't CTD most of the times then anymore with ENB after one time successful load without ENB :)
Last edited by CruNcher on 10 Sep 2013, 23:40, edited 1 time in total.

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

*master*

I use the SKyrim save cleaner after I change/remove any mods/textures and it seems to keep me from having any such issues..

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/31724/?

Also I would advise against compressing any texture packs, as doing so has been known to cause issues.

I have experimented using the texture compressor and the performance gain seems to be negligible, add the risk for more issues after doing so and that makes it not worth it to me..