TES Skyrim 0.204

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*master*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.204

I lose about 10 FPS on average with TAA enabled.

Going to test now .204. I use TAA since you implemented it. And I LOVE your thinkings to improve TAA further. Maybe able to response if TAA let the performance drop with the current version soon.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Yersinia79 wrote:
ENBSeries wrote:Does anyone use temporal antialiasing of helper mod or better to ignore it in future?
I have used it on alot 4k screenshots, no other AA comes even close I think (shows alot on shoots with some distance and some close ups)^^

because you don't know what SSAA is or how to enable it. No one uses TAA cause if your eyes are correct you know what TAA does with to picture.
Last edited by charlievoviii on 17 Aug 2013, 23:22, edited 1 time in total.

So, tested the current version with following settings:

[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=true
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=128
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false

[ENGINE]
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=false // forcing AF & vsync through nvidia drivers for maximum quality
MaxAnisotropy=16
EnableVSync=false
AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions=false

[LIMITER]
WaitBusyRenderer=false
EnableFPSLimit=false
FPSLimit=35.0

[FIX]
FixPhysics=false

Result: Very smooth, especially loading of landscape. my 2gb vram are mostly 'filled' because of my tons of textures, and even then, only minor and rare stutters when moving with speedmult 200 through morthal swaps around solitude or falkreath.

Additionally I do not confirm a performance loss with TAA enabled (okay, maybe 1 FPS, but I ain't sure). Tested it with and without TAA. (TAA was working correctly)

For me, this is a very good basic version and it performs very well with my Rig (listed below)

edit: oh yes, no freeze, no ctd. biggest stutters was about 0.5 sec

I find TAA stops working after a while, usually when I am indoors. Furthermore the problem gets stored in your save game so TAA still does not work when you reload later. Only way to fix it: save game, exit Skyrim, disable ENB Reference ESP, launch Skyrim, load game, save game, exit Skyrim, enable ENB Reference ESP, launch Skyrim, load game. And then 10 minutes later it breaks again.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

djuplift
SLI/Crossfire do not support temporal antialiasing, they can't.

*sensei*

Boris
Done several test runs, got 2 or 3 tiny freezes on like 7 runs around 16-18min. No 10sec ones thou :)

charlievoviii
Cause SSAA would make fps go to low and I think TAA is fine at 4k :>

charlievoviii wrote:
Yersinia79 wrote:
ENBSeries wrote:Does anyone use temporal antialiasing of helper mod or better to ignore it in future?
I have used it on alot 4k screenshots, no other AA comes even close I think (shows alot on shoots with some distance and some close ups)^^

because you don't know what SSAA is or how to enable it. No one uses TAA cause if your eyes are correct you know what TAA does with to picture.
You sound like everyone must buy a pair of Titan for a SLI.. like everyone shits money and could afford 2000 dollars/euros of graphic cards.. oh well.. TAA is fine for a lot of things, unfortunatly the helper mod produces a lot of bugs..

@sonnhy - Ya know, I was just thinking about Temporal AA earlier today and wondering why that direction was taken. I agree with you that I don't like it because it requires the helper mod. The helper mod is just too much of an eye soar and I imagine that most people do not use it as you stated. I haven't seen really any ENBs released that became super popular which used the helper mod. It would appear that even the custom enb preset developers don't want to touch it due to the helper mod. This leaves me to wonder if temporal AA is ever going to be removed since, well technically speaking was a bust due to the helper mod being required.

@Boris - On this subject. I don't know if their are coding complication that would not make this possible but I would vote for bringing back hardware AA and just getting rid of temporal AA. From my understanding the helper mod is just not used by the vast majority which leaves even the custom weather presets mostly ignored. In fact most enb presets come with the sweetfx mod to avoid using temporal AA. Just consider this feedback and don't take it the wrong way. Everyone loves you and what you have done here with enb including myself. Keep up the awesome work.

*sensei*

Nightasy
Please read this and look at version 0.119 on download page :>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deferred_shading