TES Skyrim 0.204

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim 0.204

I was previously using 0.199 and that version seems to runs really smoothly, I didn't notice stuttering on my setup, and no CTD... but I would have quickly a CTD without setting memory management lines to true, even with ugrids to 5 only. Now I can set it back to 7 :mrgreen: maybe more, but 9 would still CTD sometimes on 0.199, I guess it was breaking some scripts I don't know really.

I also no longer have a bug I had with the 0.199 which caused 2 seconds of delay for some textures when leaving a house and loading exterior world.

[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=true
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=768
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false

Vsync/limiter off, not needed since my setup doesn't anything more than 50 fps :mrgreen:

Yersinia79 wrote:Nightasy
Please read this and look at version 0.119 on download page :>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deferred_shading
I see. Basically hardware AA does not work with Deferred Shading. I suppose temporal AA is here to stay... or should I say sweetfx is here to stay because well, you get the point. That helper mod presents some nasty visual issues so really I'm just wondering if there is a plan of action on a different means to go about whatever the helper mod does? I recall someone saying that the helper mod wouldn't be necessary if some code was used from SKSE or something along those lines.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Yersinia79 wrote:Boris
Done several test runs, got 2 or 3 tiny freezes on like 7 runs around 16-18min. No 10sec ones thou :)

charlievoviii
Cause SSAA would make fps go to low and I think TAA is fine at 4k :>
I see your reason, but TAA doesnt work with SLI, and I see that you're using a dual GTX 680.
sonnhy wrote:
charlievoviii wrote:
Yersinia79 wrote:
ENBSeries wrote:Does anyone use temporal antialiasing of helper mod or better to ignore it in future?
I have used it on alot 4k screenshots, no other AA comes even close I think (shows alot on shoots with some distance and some close ups)^^

because you don't know what SSAA is or how to enable it. No one uses TAA cause if your eyes are correct you know what TAA does with to picture.
You sound like everyone must buy a pair of Titan for a SLI.. like everyone shits money and could afford 2000 dollars/euros of graphic cards.. oh well.. TAA is fine for a lot of things, unfortunatly the helper mod produces a lot of bugs..
never said that, so stop assuming, plus you dont need a dual Titans to run SSA, just need to manage your mods better. ;)

Nightasy wrote:@sonnhy - Ya know, I was just thinking about Temporal AA earlier today and wondering why that direction was taken. I agree with you that I don't like it because it requires the helper mod. The helper mod is just too much of an eye soar and I imagine that most people do not use it as you stated. I haven't seen really any ENBs released that became super popular which used the helper mod. It would appear that even the custom enb preset developers don't want to touch it due to the helper mod. This leaves me to wonder if temporal AA is ever going to be removed since, well technically speaking was a bust due to the helper mod being required.

@Boris - On this subject. I don't know if their are coding complication that would not make this possible but I would vote for bringing back hardware AA and just getting rid of temporal AA. From my understanding the helper mod is just not used by the vast majority which leaves even the custom weather presets mostly ignored. In fact most enb presets come with the sweetfx mod to avoid using temporal AA. Just consider this feedback and don't take it the wrong way. Everyone loves you and what you have done here with enb including myself. Keep up the awesome work.

The new Opethfeldt 7 requires the helper mod. Great preset btw.

I use the helper mod for the same reason opethfeldt uses it, to get weather specific settings. I do not like TAA, although it completely removes aliasing it causes a sort of ghosting, or slowmotion movement on screen for me, and blurs the image too much.
I agree that the LOD textures are annoying, but I can live with it. The icecube around you on the map is more annoying IMHO.
I only have a 6950 2GB so SSAA is a no-go for me.

@Boris
As I don't have enough time for testing you have to do with anecdotal evidence. I used 0.202 for a while and had freezes, tried test4 (0.202) which solved the freezes, but I had a few instances where after fast travel in Solstheim, I was unable to move, bring up menu etc. 0.204 solved those issues for me and runs similar to 0.201, very smooth.
Difference is, with 0.201 I couldn't load some saves (my wife her saves) with ReservedMemorySizeMb= <640mb (she carries thousands of items and uses TGM.)
With 0.204 I can load these saves even with ReservedMemorySizeMb=128. I play with 256.

Settings:
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=true
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=256
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=true

It runs fine with EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false. However, when set to true I have less stutter doing 360 degree turns and slightly better FPS and much shorter loading times.

I use Vsync I otherwise get screentearing
I also use wayrenderer, it completely eliminates stutter for me. Makes game playable even at 20FPS.

Some sidenotes, I cannot load some exterior saves from startup (due to Skyrim distance overhaul and or Z-fighting tweaks) However, I can load these saves just fine when first loading another save. DisablePreloadToVRAM=true does not make a difference here. This obviously has nothing to do with ENB, but perhaps other people have the same issue, now they can pinpoint the culprit.

2500K 4.5Ghz, 8Gb RAM 1600mhz, 6950 2GB, win7 x64, skyrim runs off SSD. Game is heavy modded (skyrim revisited legendary edition) all textures are no bigger than 2048x2048.
Last edited by Salvador on 18 Aug 2013, 07:56, edited 1 time in total.

*sensei*

ENBSeries wrote:Does anyone use temporal antialiasing of helper mod or better to ignore it in future?
I'm using TAA when taking screenshots. Unfortunately I'm experiencing ghosting when playing (don't know why, all presets are the same). Are you planning to let go of the helper mod completely in the future?

charlievoviii wrote:
never said that, so stop assuming, plus you dont need a dual Titans to run SSA, just need to manage your mods better. ;)
I play with mods so much time i don't even have time to play the game itself.. The GPU is the culprit, i can't do nothing.. Also buying a new GPU isn't one of my priority, i can wait next year for the GTX 8XX series.. SSAA with ENB is a pain i cannot bear, when comes for stutters and freezes, so most of the time i try to ignore all those jags...

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

sonnhy wrote:
charlievoviii wrote:
I play with mods so much time i don't even have time to play the game itself.. The GPU is the culprit, i can't do nothing.. Also buying a new GPU isn't one of my priority, i can wait next year for the GTX 8XX series.. SSAA with ENB is a pain i cannot bear, when comes for stutters and freezes, so most of the time i try to ignore all those jags...
I know exactly what you mean. I beat the game already, and now I'm addicting to modding :D As far as graphics goes, we will see some powerful GPU coming due to 4k displays. So for people who play at 1080p will be really great. It's good call on your part to wait for next year, it's right around the corner ;)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Temporal antialiasing have the same quality as supersampling because it's same math, but instead of nearest pixels it read them from different frames.

*sensei*

Nightasy
You can also use FXAA, so you got some more choices :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

this is best version so far for me. textures load are much quicker. frame rates got boosted especially in Solitute, got 30's around town. reserved memory reduced to 128mb, uGrids 9. works fine ;)

Flickr Gallery