TES Skyrim 0.223

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.223

The problem with getting fire to look realistic is that how it looks for campfires, torches etc ends up looking different for spells. At least that's how it's always been in my experience. I've always just gone for settling for a nice middle ground. Increasing intensity and bloom seems to make it appear more realistic, at least from a cinematic point of view any way.

ENB Binary Archive

Intel i5 3570k @4.4ghz, 8gb Corsair Vengeance @1667hz, MSI Twin Frozr III R7950 BE @1.2ghz

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I mean lighting of everything with fire.
Found one made with Canon EOS 60D, looks much better than others i saw, but colors are still not same as in reality, cameras always fail with colors on night scenes. Will try to make campfire on the kitchen this night.

*sensei*

ENBSeries wrote:Will try to make campfire on the kitchen this night.
I usually do this in my bedroom. Warms things up nicely.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Well, after experiments i see that fire is definetly give less red/orange (after tonemapping in eyes) than on the screen above and on screenshots (all characters skin looks thai or arabian). Only coals give such red color, definetly not prehistoric interior torches of skyrim. I recommend to desaturate interior point lighting or set it's curve below 1.

*sensei*

The problem with getting fire to look realistic is that how it looks for campfires, torches etc ends up looking different for spells. At least that's how it's always been in my experience. I've always just gone for settling for a nice middle ground. Increasing intensity and bloom seems to make it appear more realistic, at least from a cinematic point of view any way.
Very true, it has been a cause for annoyance for a long time for me personally.
I normally create my tonemapping settings based on fire, and then move on from there. If fire by spell looks decent then the rest of the preset tends to follow.

But it also largely depends on the lighting used. Interior fire have always looked overall nicer I think, at least more well behaved.
Since the difference between overcast weather and clear is rather large, and fire will look very different depending on it.
Anything you can do to make fire look more epic will be much appreciated!