Fallout 4 0.283 ENBoost

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*sensei*

Re: Fallout 4 0.283 ENBoost

ENBSeries wrote:Bonnie Lass
Guys, do you remember that fairytales regarding physically based or physically correct rendering? Okay, if you will hear that next time anywhere, just show *facepalm* and go away. I'm the person who can't live normally without uncovering lie, game makes me very nervious and i'm trying to keep calm and not to start flaming/blaming, because casual users eat every shit and think that i'm just a freak who hate everything. Looks like time to cool down after every new finding is much longer than expected, so please sorry for longer development, don't have anything else to do right now, but each time i have inspiration it brokes fast and i just sitting in front of display doing nothing for hours.
Well, we knew PBR in F4 is a bullshit for customers who know nothing about PBR (probably most of casual gamers have no idea how PBR actually looks like). Todd Howard could say their engine uses path tracing, and people would believe it, no shit. So yeah, "the game was rigged from the start".
Anyways, you're not "freak who hates everything". Even if Bugthesda fanboys say so =D I hope you will stay strong with all those new bugs and findings, so you can work with the engine eventually, without getting angry.

Hey Boris,
Do you think we will see your implementation of AO for this game? I can't remember if you mentioned it or not but ingame AO is shit and using AO through ReShade is flickery and bad, nowhere near as good as your AO implementation for previous Fallout/Skyrim.
Thanks.

*sensei*

Tested the game with various injectors.
Enb doesnt affect perfomance(im using default options, just unpacked the enb into the game folder) in the centre of diamond city(fly cam, full city in view), total draw calls - ~9000. I dont know if it is considered a heavy area or not, though.
Reshade(im using older version, 0.16) eats up 1-2 fps. Enb + reshade - the same.
Im using fx-8350 + 770 2gb, 12gb ram.

dpeasant wrote:Tested the game with various injectors.
Enb doesnt affect perfomance(im using default options, just unpacked the enb into the game folder) in the centre of diamond city(fly cam, full city in view), total draw calls - ~9000. I dont know if it is considered a heavy area or not, though.
Reshade(im using older version, 0.16) eats up 1-2 fps. Enb + reshade - the same.
Im using fx-8350 + 770 2gb, 12gb ram.
If you just unpacked the latest ENB and didn't edit the ini, then you have UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics enabled, which gets rid of the performance issue.

@Boris, I took some screenshots of the area where I noticed the issue, with no reshade/sweetfx installed, and no ini edits. Also default ENB ini settings, except 30fps limit and ForceVideoMemorySize enabled (4096).

I am also attaching a save file of the location so you can check it out yourself if you like, just look at the same spot as I am in the pics. Hope it helps!

edit: had to upload to my google drive because file too big...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1oNoT ... sp=sharing

UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true

UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=false

*sensei*

karull wrote: If you just unpacked the latest ENB and didn't edit the ini, then you have UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics enabled, which gets rid of the performance issue.
Right, checked that, and it looks like UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=false makes enb eat up to 7-10fps in the same area.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Tested that save game, fps is the same for everything i've tried. Could you guys give me access via TeamViewer to your pc? I'd like to try look at process list, terminate some of them, check video setting, then you need to run the game manually because of too high i-net bandwidth required for such frequently changing image as game is.
Here are results
http://imgur.com/a/LHYNV

*sensei*

Do not modify iHWNumThreads, game is unable to work proprely with threads, everything is locks based which calls crazy amount of times per frame and these locks limiting performance mostly. More threads you have - more locks, more bugs.
Thanks Boris, i removed the lines.

*master*

ENBSeries wrote:Guys, do you remember that fairytales regarding physically based or physically correct rendering? Okay, if you will hear that next time anywhere, just show *facepalm* and go away. I'm the person who can't live normally without uncovering lie, game makes me very nervious and i'm trying to keep calm and not to start flaming/blaming, because casual users eat every shit and think that i'm just a freak who hate everything. Looks like time to cool down after every new finding is much longer than expected, so please sorry for longer development, don't have anything else to do right now, but each time i have inspiration it brokes fast and i just sitting in front of display doing nothing for hours.
Sure, it's the least any of us can do. You got the entirety of the serious gaming community watching how ENB for Fallout 4 is going to turn out, I can scarcely imagine the pressure. If there's anything the rest of us can do to help you deal with that pressure, let us know. Communities can be powerful tools if used properly. I wish Bethsoft would use its own better.

Take care of your self, Boris.
Last edited by Tricky on 18 Nov 2015, 14:39, edited 1 time in total.

I just wanted to chime in and say that I'm using a ton of 4k/2k textures, a super comprehensive Reshade preset, INI edits (like shadows up to 4092), uGridsToLoad=7, and with ENB I'm rocking a steady 40-45fps on my R9 290x.

Also, screw what Nexus folk and Bugthesda fan boyz think, you're a modding god to me and I'm sure the entirety of the high-end pc gaming community. ENB/ENBoost is mind blowing in terms of how amazing they are, how much they do, how it can turn a game that looks like it's from 2012 to looking like it's from 2017, and how it can make games playable with a ton of other memory/VRAM eating mods. I honestly don't care too much about the mods until CK comes out, but I have been checking enbdev and the forums like a crack head to see what amazing stuff you bring us (the only mod I'll make an exception for caring about is SparrowPrince's setup for water dispersion, and that's cause of ENB lol).

Thank you for everything Boris. I wouldn't be playing games like GTAV, Skyrim, or Fallout4 without your modding magic!

PS - Thank you for saying "Do not modify iHWNumThreads", I removed those lines from my INI immediately.

*sensei*

Same, we appreciate what you do for games immensely, i even understand your rants about the game.
Just keep a cool head, in the end you'll figure it out, you always do.