Fallout 4 0.283 ENBoost

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Fallout 4 0.283 ENBoost

They could hire programmers for any previous game, Bethesda is not indie team of 3 persons.

I've said to Alexander Blade to make that dynamic shadow distance tweak as temporary solution, results will be soon.

*sensei*

When I placed the blame on the artists, I did so 'cause it's the way the models are made that causes draw calls to be made in abundance, no?

One draw call for a mesh, +1 diffuse map, +1 normal map, +1 parallax map, (at least)+1 for each light on the object, (atleast) +1 for each shadow on the object.

Or am I mistaken?

Assuming that I am not, the artists at Bethesda are terrible when it comes to textures; some meshes use atlases whilst others don't, with no continuity as to what should and should not have an atlas. For example, the body mesh shares the same texture as the feet, but not the hands. Facegen overlay textures (scars, dirt, moles, etc.) are completely separate, rather than being combined into one, once the face is finalized.

'Course, I'm not a programmer. I just do a bit of reading on this forum, looking at meshes and textures. I could very well be wrong 'ere, but surely, at the very least, texture atlases should be used in abundance to reduce draw calls?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

FiftyTifty
Game is made for modding and texture atlases are not compatible with modding on per object basis. For buildings and other huge "single" mesh objects it's only allowed. And here dx11 features are coming to handle such scenarios at high speed. Of course if you know how to optimize. Even dx9 tricks allow to draw many objects at once, just casual programmers don't know about that. You see, it's like knowledge you don't know about, impossible while it's mystery. Managers and developers thinking that graphics is just another kind of API and any programmer may learn examples of it and create code. Yes, they can, but with lot of bugs and poor performance. Everyone must do what he/she is able to do the best.

*sensei*

ENBSeries wrote:FiftyTifty
Game is made for modding and texture atlases are not compatible with modding on per object basis. For buildings and other huge "single" mesh objects it's only allowed. And here dx11 features are coming to handle such scenarios at high speed. Of course if you know how to optimize. Even dx9 tricks allow to draw many objects at once, just casual programmers don't know about that. You see, it's like knowledge you don't know about, impossible while it's mystery. Managers and developers thinking that graphics is just another kind of API and any programmer may learn examples of it and create code. Yes, they can, but with lot of bugs and poor performance. Everyone must do what he/she is able to do the best.
...Agh. Didn't think of the modding aspect. That's a brain fart if ever there was one.

What sort of tricks are there for Direct3D 11? I know that OpenGL 4.4 has Multi-Draw Indirect, which is touted as being a way to reduce the cost of draw calls, sort of like Geometry Instancing?

*sensei*

Well let's hope they fix that performance soon..

Cause today i got a new faster vidcard, and the game runs worse.
I had 45fps with HD 7970 3GB and 5000 drawcalls and with the R9 290 8GB i have 30 fps with 3700 drawcalls.

I seriously don't know what's going on with this engine.

Right now i just stopped playing the game, it's no fun when it runs choppy as hell.

If i disable ENB it gets even worse, 20 fps with 3700 drawcalls.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Alexander Blade said that Bethesda developers are washed-up junkies, they writing fShadowDistance in every shadows class to compare it later for every shadow :lol:

FiftyTifty
There are many, especially for defer, used in the game.

Hey everyone,
I have a very strange issue that I've been searching on how to resolve for the past few days. ENBoost loads with Fallout no problem at all, the issue is when I move the mouse in game. When ever I move the mouse my FPS drops from 61 to ZERO. Moving around with WASD, is no problem the FPS sits happily at the capped 61fps. I tested this further by using my XBone controller for Windows and it works no problem, I can use the right thumb stick to look around with no FPS drop at all.

I have tried disabling Mouse acceleration, but this does not change anything. Here are my specs:
i7 4790k, 16gb ram, gtx980 and I run a resoluton of 3440x1440 with all settings on ULTRA. In the enblocal.ini I have my memory set to 25000 (tested with the memory tester).

I use ENBoost for Skyrim and Fallout 3, and have no problem like I'm having with Fallout 4.

I hope you guys can help.

Xilandro wrote:@ MrT800
That's insane o_O
can I ask what are your scecs?
Marcurios wrote:@MrT800, must be quite the rig you got there, i get 10-20 fps with 15000 drawcalls, i must tweak it to be 5000 in the heaviest scenes to be able to play smooth.
Nah, my PC's getting old now... Core i7-920, 12GB DDR3 1600Mhz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680, Latest drivers (358.91), Windows 10 Pro x64, I also run the game and the OS on two separate SSDs. I do only play at 1680x1050 (or 1680x945, which is just letterboxed down to 16:9).

Maybe the specific location I was in has the most draw calls in the game? If you want to try it, it's a scaffolding on the north side of Haymarket Mall. You get up about halfway up the scaffold and look north west.

This is me looking east from the same spot, 7715 draw calls, 60fps:

My PCs been feeling a bit long in the tooth for a while (feeling especially constrained by the 2GB VRAM), but I could still run most new games on quite high settings at or reasonably close to 60 fps (GTA V, Metal Gear Solid V, Dying Light, The Witcher 3).

In Fallout 4 though, I've got to either: 1) Endure the wild variance between 60 and 25 fps, where I can feel the metaphorical cogs in the machine just grinding to halt and then starting again with every quarter turn of my mouse, or 2) play this open world game with the shadows loading right in front of my face, preforming ok, but looking much much worse than every other comparable game... :(

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

megawaly
I've seen several posts that controller/gamepad makes game unplayable, but don't know if it's same case which you have, if it happens only when it enabled, including drivers. If this happen only with ENBoost enabled, it's something very buggy in the engine or may be controller background services are running and they hooks in to game process, terminate them (Razer and Logitek definetly producing issues with d3d wrappers).

*sensei*

nvidia cards and intel cpu's seem to work a bit better with this game (intel cpu's with most games),
i can play every other game with a rock solid 60 fps, even the older Fallouts with tons of mods and filled up worldspaces,
but this game seems to kill my pc in it's entirity, it runs worse on a day to day basis.

Even when i drop my shadows to 3000, still unplayable, no godrays, unplayable, fxaa, unplayable...
Tapio's laptop runs it twice as fast as my pc, and my pc is much faster, it's just stupid.

I'll try to find that spot, if i ever come around to play it that far that is, cause right now i stopped playing,
maybe in time when they patched the serious problems out, or a modder does something miraculous.