Fallout 4 0.283 ENBoost

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: Fallout 4 0.283 ENBoost

Tricky wrote:http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2139/?

I'm sure nobody here is surprised this type of mod appeared again. Regardless, I thought it was important enough to leave you guys a headsup. I imagine it will pretty much become a requirement to any future ENB preset.
Was made with Snip. Completely unsafe to use.

@Boris - I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, I googled and looked real hard to find the thread about AMD Crimson drivers, but can you explain the issue a little bit to me? Is it just a buggy release of new drivers as usual or something more? Also, I run AMD and can help test whatever that's helpful.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

refusedzero
Check post of skysan4298 here:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4476&start=230
AMD drivers was unable to return render states fast (i mean very slow) and now they can't do normally the most important thing for modern games - fast management of resources and copying of them in extreme conditions. Of course if you have 32 Gb VRAM on board, you will not notice issues.

Those new AMD drivers are f'ed as heck lol. I did a personal test and it's just laughable. It's a new skin and 10x as many bugs (less features too). It's not just with ENB, it's errors across the board from what I can see. Very silly. Thank you for warning!

(for anyone that cares, roll back AMD drivers to 1.5.11.x <--- what AMD called it formally)

Bonnie Lass wrote:

I'm sure nobody here is surprised this type of mod appeared again. Regardless, I thought it was important enough to leave you guys a headsup. I imagine it will pretty much become a requirement to any future ENB preset.
Indeed, avoid anything made with Snip like the plague. That aside, the mod also doesn't take the kind of scalpel-precision approach the way something like JawZ' ELE does. I haven't looked at the plugin but it looks like it achieves this effect with image spaces rather than fine-tuning lights and sources themselves, which would not be fun to try and tune shaders to.

An ELFX / ELE type mod will be around once the CK is out, and I can't wait.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Actually imagespace does not allow any fine-tuning, it just applies a rough ground to work on. It's the Lighting Templates that handles fine tuning.
It alters both the Directional Ambient colors and the Directional colors as well as fog values.

Bonnie Lass wrote:

The mod was re-made using Fo4Edit in case anyone here was deterred from using it earlier.

chiknnwatrmln wrote:
Bonnie Lass wrote:

The mod was re-made using Fo4Edit in case anyone here was deterred from using it earlier.
Yup, I'm the one who re-made it. Used an automation script to manually copy the values from the Snip version to the new version.

It took about 3 hours for the script to slowly copy and paste all the values - didn't want to do a drag and drop method, paranoid that might somehow port over Snip issues.

It seems like a curse that every mod that gets super popular on nexus seems to be made with snip so I took matters into my own hands.

Bonnie Lass wrote:
chiknnwatrmln wrote:
Bonnie Lass wrote:

Yup, I'm the one who re-made it. Used an automation script to manually copy the values from the Snip version to the new version.

It took about 3 hours for the script to slowly copy and paste all the values - didn't want to do a drag and drop method, paranoid that might somehow port over Snip issues.

It seems like a curse that every mod that gets super popular on nexus seems to be made with snip so I took matters into my own hands.
Oh cool, I saw the person who was credited had a similar name to yours. Anyway, thanks for the conversion.

@Borris's message - I'm not goin' anywhere! Very excited to see where ENB goes with FO4! I got new hardware (new GPU/RAM) just for ENB in FO4, lol. I'm sure more talented individuals than me will put up some presets, but I'll put a few up myself for once! Thank you Boris!