Fallout 4 0.283 ENBoost

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: Fallout 4 0.283 ENBoost

You really are a mod god if you guys can crush the dynamic shadow distance bug in the first two weeks the game is out. lol. That's just so epic it's unbelievable. Bethesda should be paying you and Alexander Blade for real.

Boris, I really hope you understand that any FO4 modders worth their salt, any graphics tweakers that are pissed with the AO, and some casual gamers who enjoy trying to melt their GPUs for the pretty colors are sitting on the side-lines watching ENB development and going "OMGZ" every time you drop something new. My mind is thoroughly blown by the work you do.

Also, doing tech-help on the Nexus is a quick way to an early grave. Some of the questions I've got or fielded for others make me feel like I'm having a friggin' stroke. Like I'm smelling burnt toast because my brain is melting from how stupid the question/response I get is. I couldn't go to the ENBoost page on Nexus because I could feel the cancer emanating from your comment section when I hovered over the link on the New Release page (not cause of you, but because the Nexus masses can seriously suck).

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I'm making a video explaining clearly how anyone can determine the appropriate value to use for VideoMemorySizeMb based on their particular hardware.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Took half an hour to tweak code and modify algorithm with various dead zones for shadow distance and fps, because changing distance affect frame rate non linear and with discrete steps (higher poly objects have greater impact on fps when drawed, that's why discrete). I did tweaks for scene which was mentioned as slow, 12000 draw calls total and 30 fps for me with vsync, 33 without vsync. As you can see to get 40 fps with vsync 6000+ draw calls required for shadow distance reduced. When i set to 50 shadow drawing distance is a bit changes, kinda flickering at the end +- half meter (at this place it's a bit futher than wall of the building at screenshot center), but i at this moment i don't have ideas how prevent oscillation from discrete steps more than it's done already. Alexander Blade is offline now for sleep, when he wake up i'll give him code and probably this evening he will publish mod on his web site and may be at Nexus purgatory as config only without binaries (like i do after old fights with idiots there).

*sensei*

Marcurios wrote:@Boris, i know it's not very fast, but i never would have thought it would be so bad, you saying this CPU is even worse then the FX6300 variant ?
A friend of mine has a fx8320, and a R9 280 and he says he has no problem at all, no ENB, everything at Ultra, runs smooth as butter.
I know him very well, he doesn't lie, Ultra in this game means a shadow distance of 20000 and object detail at high, why does it run smooth on his PC
and my PC horrible, is that CPU so much worse then a 8 core fx 8320 ?

And Tapio is on a Laptop, is my CPU even worse then his I7 laptop then in handling drawcalls ?

And then another thing, 2 days ago it ran fine with my old HD7970, why does it suddenly choke with a new R9 290x 8GB..it makes no sense
Like i said, 5000 drawcalls and 45 fps with HD7970 and 3700 drawcalls with a R9 290x and suddenly 30 fps..
How is that possible with a fx8320? I have an fx-8350@4.4ghz, 770, fps on ultra dips to 20-s in heavy areas, Ive set shadow distance to medium because of this.
Also, has anyone completed that quest with a courser? Inside the building where you have to fight him, FPS dips to 8-10 looking at the specific light source. Insane!

Bug report from nexus: "DisableFakeLights places Power Armor Headlamps to their feet. Quite humorous. The issue goes away when the FakeLights line is disabled."

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Savegame required to fix that.

*sensei*

@Boris, thanks for the knowledge, my next CPU will be Intel.
A few years ago i switched from a Q6600 quad core to this CPU because then i still thought 6 fast cores is better then 4 slower hyperthreaded cores.
But when i did that i really didn't notice any performance improvement, so i guess Intel just has a superior architecture anyways.

But i seem to have found something interesting, although it plays fine now with Vsync off, i still see the fps go from 60 to 40,
when i monitor my CPU, it nicely distrubutes the load over all cores, but my processor usage never goes above 50%.
So the game drops fps, but doesnt make my CPU work harder to alleviate the performance.

If i use Unity and my drawcalls go high like 7000, the cpu start to go up rigorously to keep up with the demand.
So it seems to me that the priority of the game is set to low or something like that.

Going to shut off all non essential processes in my PC and set the game's priority to high to see what happens.

@dpeasant, it seems that you need to fiddle around with settings and stuff to get the game to work reasonable.
When i started out with my older CPU and a HD7970 it ran fine right out of the box, aside from some spots that made the
fps go to 25~30 in some places, but it stayed playabe. yesterday i got a new vidcard R9 290x 8GB and all my games have 30 fps more, only Fallout dropped 20 frames.
But after fiddling with stuff the entire day i found that if i disable ForceVsync in ENB and set Ipresentinterval=0 in the ini files it ran fine again.
Now it never goes lower then 40 fps, so the card gave me a additional 10 fps over the HD7970, but not when i just installed it.

I think that Boris is right about their programmers making poorly optimized code, Beth needs to hire better programmers.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Game do not utilize any core of cpu more than 60-65%. Only manually changing affinity mask to 2 cores make them amost 100% busy without much fps loss. Game wasting huge amount of time for locks, it can't run any better because of them.

ENBSeries wrote:Savegame required to fix that.
Are you saying you need the person's savegame or they need to save and reload their game?

*sensei*

Marcurios
I was only saying that it is not possible to run Fallout 4 on ultra with solid fps in its current state using FX-8350 and weaker cpus, even with the best GPUs.
ex: http://www.gamersnexus.net/game-bench/2 ... difference
I7-4790 gives two times(!) more fps with 980ti, than fx-8320+980ti. It seems that cpu is the MAJOR bottleneck in this game, unlike the Withcer 3 or GTA 5. The same story as in Skyrim.
Guess ill have to get used to it, maybe wait for Zen, or just switch to intel. But the prices in Russia currently too high for this hardware, like twice as high as they were in 2014(for the same hardware).