Fallout 4 0.283 ENBoost

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Fallout 4 0.283 ENBoost

Marcurios
AMD cpu like yours is about 3-4 times slower this draw calls bottleneck compared to Intel, so you can't do anything, except lowering drawing distance for everything.

Marcurios wrote:nvidia cards and intel cpu's seem to work a bit better with this game (intel cpu's with most games),
i can play every other game with a rock solid 60 fps, even the older Fallouts with tons of mods and filled up worldspaces,
but this game seems to kill my pc in it's entirity, it runs worse on a day to day basis.

Even when i drop my shadows to 3000, still unplayable, no godrays, unplayable, fxaa, unplayable...
Tapio's laptop runs it twice as fast as my pc, and my pc is much faster, it's just stupid.

I'll try to find that spot, if i ever come around to play it that far that is, cause right now i stopped playing,
maybe in time when they patched the serious problems out, or a modder does something miraculous.
....................................................SPOILER............................................

I have noticed that once the BOS turn up in force that the FPS in general seems to take a hit and in the city if there is a few vertibirds and battles going on. I think all those vertibirds and the airship plus all the extra npcs fighting is a bit of a strain on areas that already had a problem

*sensei*

@Boris, i know it's not very fast, but i never would have thought it would be so bad, you saying this CPU is even worse then the FX6300 variant ?
A friend of mine has a fx8320, and a R9 280 and he says he has no problem at all, no ENB, everything at Ultra, runs smooth as butter.
I know him very well, he doesn't lie, Ultra in this game means a shadow distance of 20000 and object detail at high, why does it run smooth on his PC
and my PC horrible, is that CPU so much worse then a 8 core fx 8320 ?

And Tapio is on a Laptop, is my CPU even worse then his I7 laptop then in handling drawcalls ?

And then another thing, 2 days ago it ran fine with my old HD7970, why does it suddenly choke with a new R9 290x 8GB..it makes no sense
Like i said, 5000 drawcalls and 45 fps with HD7970 and 3700 drawcalls with a R9 290x and suddenly 30 fps..

*sensei*

Damn, i found the problem, with my HD7970 ForceVSync in ENB caused no problems, so i didn't think of that,
i just disabled it and my framerate skyrocketed to 50 fps with 5000 drawcalls.
And it plays perfectly smooth, with all sliders to full, only got my shadows at 6000 range.

pfew, i thought i was going crazy here, no i can finally play a bit..

(i tried enabling disabling the vsync from the game, the ipresentinterval, that only gave me tearing when on and ForceVsync from ENB on (ofcourse it's always off in my drivers),
but when i switch them all off, driversvsync off, game ipresentinterval off and ForceVsync ENB off, all is perfectly smooth)

I know it makes no sense, tearing should occur with vsync off, but i had tearing or a line in the middle, dunno if you can call it tearing since the picture wasn't shifted,
nevertheless, it's all good now.
Last edited by Marcurios on 20 Nov 2015, 00:26, edited 2 times in total.

Thanks Boris,
I will disable all background processes and try again. I do have a logitech profiler running in the background, that might be it. I will report back with my findings.

Thanks again.

*master*

I know you are working as hard and as fast as you can to provide us with the best ENB experience, but seeing how there is so much negativity towards the game's ENB-related modding capabilities, is it still likely we'll still get some graphical ENB features in future ENB releases. I don't want to be an annoying pest, but in-game SSAO is terrible IMO. It is barely there. Other effects already exist, like Screen Space SubSurface Scattering, Bokeh, Reflections, even Rain & Precipitation Occlusions (which I can't even notice). Of course it comes with astonishing mind-blowing God-Rays that look identical on Low and Ultra settings but at much lower FPS on Ultra settings because... because... ?

I think improved SSAO + Parallax would be of the greatest benefit to Fallout 4. Does anyone else have a different opinion on which effects you'd think improve Fallout 4 graphics?

P.S. Why won't Bethesda or some other game-developing company hire you for graphics development? I know nothing of coding, programming, or graphics development, but something tells me that if you were contributing to new game graphics development from the beginning, we'd end up with one visually EPIC game!
i7 8700K @ 5Ghz | ASUS Z370 Hero X WiFi | Corsair 16GB @ 3200Mhz | RTX 2070 Super @ 1950Mhz | Xonar DGX | 768GB NVMe SSD | 2TB HDD | Corsair 850W | LG 32GK850G-B 1440p 32' G-Sync 165Hz VA | Logitech G402 | Corsair K70 Rapidfire | Windows 10 LTSC 1809

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

@MonarchX

Patience, sir :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Alexander Blade almost finished boost for dynamic shadow distance, i'll post release info of this mod soon in the news. Works good by performance and not very annoying.

Marcurios
Somewhere in 2012 we did test here on the forum and all AMD cpus had 6-8.5 fps, while Intel 18-30 (23 is average). I don't remember if cpu similar to fx8320 by architecture was in there. About laptops i don't know, depends from motherboard mostly. in 2009 my producer tested heavy scene (draw calls i mean) with laptop with gf520 videocard and some Intel cpu (don't remember), it was faster than my athlon x3 2.9 ghz with gf9600. But it's for dx9 game, dx11 have improvements for this, but still draw calls (dips) problem is at the top of issues in games.

MonarchX
I can't do any faster, wasted too much time for tech support of ENBoost (why i did that???) and keep blowing my days away by looking in to renderer code, very hard to not get in to trouble because of game bugs. Also i trying to test all possible solutions in case of changes in future patches.

*sensei*

Well, looks like Beth will spam the game with patches now... here comes the pain
Expect to see more updates, that are smaller and more frequent, than a few big ones.
https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/th ... 5/11/19/53
I don't even know what to say.
ENBSeries wrote:I've said to Alexander Blade to make that dynamic shadow distance tweak as temporary solution, results will be soon.
:o guys, you're amazing.

Oh my god, I can't believe how bad the ENB Nexusmods comments are right now. Monkeys throwing poo.

Boris, if you'd like, I could moderate your comments section for you, it's just embarrassing how many people are losing their shit for no good reason.