d3d11.dll [ENBseries] conflict SkyrimSE.exe

fixing bugs
  • Author

d3d11.dll [ENBseries] conflict SkyrimSE.exe

Hi there ENB team,
i hope you can help me out, I have searched the internet half to death and have not found a solution yet.

Error Description:

The skse_loader crashes as soon as I put the d3d11.dll from an ENBSeries (no matter from which version) in the skyrim folder.
I have run all Direct X, Visual C++ updates, also the SSE engine fix here from Steam, no solution.

If I take out the d3d11.dll, everything runs fine.

Systeminformations:

What i have done so far:
  • Updated Visual C++ from 2010 up to 2022, reinstalled it -> no solution
    Tryed Direct X reinstallation -> Aborted with the error message that I already have the latest Direct X version (Direct X12 Ultimate)
    All ENBseries wrapper versions d3d11.dll available for SkyrimSE replaced -> same crash
    SKSE reinstallation -via VORTEX and manual -> same crash
    Reinstallation of Skyrim in different folders, also directly at volume C:
    Windows Updates 
Would be awesome if you can help here!

BR 

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: d3d11.dll [ENBseries] conflict SkyrimSE.exe

Hi
There are some minor factors, like missing files of preset or outdated .dllplugin files from preset (in the enbseries folder), but almost always crash happens when some application which i call "crapware" is hooking in to the games to modify something. Some of them works, some do not. Overlays, in-game chats, screen/video capturing tools, geforce experience, steam overlay. Services which control rgb leds by sync with something in games. Services from razor and logitech devices also mess with game process. Also known that motherboard vendor specific applications (asus f.e.) do the same. For enbseries to run, generally just need directx runtime standalone summer 2010 (june?) to be installed from offline installer, all files copied to the game folder and that's all.

Hi Boris,
thanks for the tips, i have turned off the overlays in steam, Geforce Experience completely uninstalled.

What data from the offline package vcredist2010_x64.exe do you mean? I ran the installer, was completed.

I already booted through with this machine under WIN10 with ENB's, so from that something seems to have stopped working since the "updates".

I suspect something here with the graphics card since in another forum with the 3080 exactly the same problem is described:

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php? ... e-dxgidll/

So without your ENB this is really no fun, best I buy a new computer ...

BR

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Offline i mean that there is web installer of directx and it often do not work, says that you have most recent dx version installed, which is totally not correct as microsoft forgot to put all libraries from directx to package of latest version and they do such mistake very often. Do you have d3dcompiler_46e.dll in the game folder? It's also must be there, not just d3d11.dll.

Did you try vanilla game without any mods, without skse? Rename game folder and force steam to redownload it by checking integrity of game files. Try disable shader caching in the steam setting. Disable xbox something from windows10 (xbox game bar? but for me works without disabling), game explorer too (or how it's named). After all, you can show the list of processes in the moment when crash occurs, is there any suspicious ones.

This is 100% not issue with videocard model.

EDIT: one more thing, cause on discord was reported today and i remembered. Try delete enbseries folder, this way can check if that is because of dllplugins installed, one of them have bug and if that's a reason, find lastest version on nexus.

Replacing the Enbseries folder has no effect, only the d3d11.dll causes Skyrim not to start anymore.
With mods, without mods everything works fine. Whether I start the [via the skseloader or directly. Sobakl the d3d11.dll is in the folder goes nothing more.

I have times the processes at the time of execution monitored, but I do not see through whether something is noticeable here. Here is a screenshot of the skyrim folder and parallel of the processes.

Seems to be exceptions, so again great that you support!

BR

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

That's not complete list of processes and i dont understand, did you try original game, without skse, without mods? You must put only enbseries there, not dxgi.dll.

In the list of processes you have MSI.CentralServer.exe, so most likely have crapware running, i told you to about these kind of things, they never work right. Terminate and delete, then test again.

I think i only tried it with skse allready installed.

Removes the MSI Center with a tool completely didn´t help. But youre right, no one need it.
I will reinstall it completely blank, also installed steam directly @C: not in the C:\Program Files (x86).

Will give it a try with only ENB and report.

THX & BR

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Nope, reinstalling steam can't help. Just rename game folder and let steam redownload game again to try original one without anything else. Such issues don't need lot of effort like reinstalling Windows or something like that.

Finally "fixed it" !

Simple "solution"... :crazy:

Created a new partition on my SSD and installed WIN10 via USB.
Works!

There must be something wrong with WIN11 settings or else.

So took me 1,5 days of vacation but without your ENB gaming isnt that much fun.
Keep the good work.

BR

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

But people don't have problems with Windows 11 and enbseries.