TES Skyrim 0.200

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*sensei*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.200

32cm wrote:I found also a little problem, tried many times. Installed skyrim redone, when i load save and click ok in the message about respect potion or whatever from skyre = CTD. If i disable ENB that dont happens.
Same here. I had fiffled a little with grids to load/buffer size/ipreload, and when I used a default .ini Skyrim would get a CTD if ENB was on. Running with grids 7 and all appropriate settings solved the issue. Don't know why it happened and I haven't checked it much either...
Using grids=7 is what I wanted anyway.
I was told not to mess with ugrids as it messes up your save games
That's news to me.
Can anyone confirm that?

insomnia_jt wrote:
32cm wrote:I found also a little problem, tried many times. Installed skyrim redone, when i load save and click ok in the message about respect potion or whatever from skyre = CTD. If i disable ENB that dont happens.
Same here. I had fiffled a little with grids to load/buffer size/ipreload, and when I used a default .ini Skyrim would get a CTD if ENB was on. Running with grids 7 and all appropriate settings solved the issue. Don't know why it happened and I haven't checked it much either...
Using grids=7 is what I wanted anyway.
I was told not to mess with ugrids as it messes up your save games
That's news to me.
Can anyone confirm that?
I think this piece of gospel was given at a time when people increased their uGrids in one save game and then tried to lower it later and found the game wouldn't load. No expert here and not from experience either, just from reading the crud on various forums.

I do have a question though, will increasing the uGrid in one save game cause information to be added to the save-game that (Like errant scripts that won't go away) can't be loaded in a game with uGrid set lower? Total speculation.

*master*

DigitalPrinceX wrote:Dorak
Regardless of the arguments in the previous pages, i am only curious about "where" you are putting the uGridsToLoad= line?
skyrim.ini or skyrimprefs.ini ?
Skyrim.ini of course.
That's news to me.
Can anyone confirm that?
Only if you revert back the values of ugrids on a savegame with higher ugrids values.
One final caveat: altering the uGrid setting will modify your save game. If you ever wish to revert to a lower uGrid setting due to performance issues, the correct procedure must be followed to ensure that you do not make that save inaccessible, or possibly even corrupt, resulting in the complete loss of your character data and game progression. In all our tests we have followed these steps precisely and have never had a problem, but if this thought still scares you silly back up the entire ‘Saves’ folder in My Documents\My Games\Skyrim before you begin tweaking.

--JawZ-- wrote:
It might be the same cause that I had when using ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true, my antivirus blocked the use of TESV.exe and I had to add it to the exclusion list of my antivirus so it would overlook that file nad I did not experience any more CTD's at all.
Great tip here JawZ, and easily missed in this ugrids shitstorm :lol: I was CTDing every time with ReduceMemoryUsage and had assumed that ENB was just disagreeing with my system for some reason, but it turns out that my antivirus was detecting Skyrim as a malicious process and shutting it down. I added it to the list of excluded processes and now everything is working like a charm - cheers!

This latest version of ENB is brilliant - improving visuals, performance and stability all in one package - thanks a million Boris! :D

*sensei*

Reverting a save to ugrids=5 from ugrids >= 7 can be done even with patch 1.9. My current main game saves all started at ugrids = 7 which I converted back to ugrids=5 due to stability issues with patch 1.9. It took a few tries and works best when in an internal cell. I have not looked to see if save files are larger with ugrids > 5 although I would imagine they would be.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

chuffchewin;

Good that it solved your CTD issue and that you found in it in all this mess :P

[/url]
GArfink wrote:
I do have a question though, will increasing the uGrid in one save game cause information to be added to the save-game that (Like errant scripts that won't go away) can't be loaded in a game with uGrid set lower? Total speculation.
Information will be added to save game, but it will go away when correctly converting to a lower setting. Use google to find a guide.

just a heads up, sometimes Skyrim writes lines to an ini in the data folder when you convert back. If you get a red load screen look for the culprit there.

*master*

Played with ENB .200 for a while, no issues to report, everything works as intended and the performance hit is minimal with me 8-)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

CruNcher
May be you have installed "Real Clouds" mod? Or some other alpha object like volumetric fog is in there. You can't do anything about that, it's problem of almost all game engines of non dx11.
isn't that stable @ all i got several Windows out of Memory messages
I don't know such messages, at least for WinXP. May be you mean low amount of swap file size? Then you simply don't have enough RAM (or x86 OS) and there is nothing to do with it, enbhost allocated data will be moved to swap instead of keeping in RAM.

Uriel24
Boris, would you mind to look into the infamous Z-fighting on the distant mountains?
No, this unfixable from my side without huge performance cost. Depth precision is already maxed in skyrim, the only way to reduce problem is to increase camera near clip distance, don't know where to set, but guess this possible as i see many screenshots which definetly have much shorter clip plane range than my game setup. Search undocumented skyrimprefs.ini parameters like "near clip", "far clip", "near dist", "far dist", "camera near", etc.

MOTOSXORPIO
Very lastest update causes CTD when loading any save.
Antivirus, UAC, etc, etc, etc?

Samurai_Smartie
Under what circumstances should the enbhost.exe be running?
Antivirus, UAC - problems. And as CruNcher said, unsafe memory hack = true ignore enbhost, but this is mode only for those users, who have x86 OS or <=4 Gb RAM together with a lot of VRAM (some users have configs like athlon xp 2 ghz, 2gb ram, radeon 7850 3 gb).

Dorak
ugrid many not work for you because you have another ini file where it written, like users have same problem with bFloatingPointTarget not working.

Yersinia79
Noticed small files getting made inside enbseries folder sometimes.
I don't know what this could be, except your weather file set incorrectly. Multithreading bugs not acts like that. Try to research deeper.

spameroo
Performance is low when ReservedMemorySizeMb is low and you have too much textures in current location. If you look at the sky and performance is much higher, then it's exactly that problem. Not optimal texture packs, very high details for distance. I'll release another version soon.

edwyn
GArfink
First of all, may be fps is too high or too low (default is 30) that's why loading stuck? Another thing, set quality of textures in video options to low, if that saved game will load fine, simply wait next updates from me (you run out of video memory while loading).

32cm
click ok in the message about respect potion or whatever from skyre = CTD
I have no idea what is that and where. Screenshot? And try different setting of enblocal.ini to find what exactly causes this.

Folks, i don't think that ugrid is safe "feature" for this engine. It have internally static arrays for objects, if by mods in some place amount of objects increased to maximal level and ugrid forcing even bigger objects to be loaded and stored, then a lot of chances to have crashes or corrupted data. Can't say for sure, but from many years experience with engines i'm very sceptical. Better to make some new world space only for testing limits for loaded objects, visible to camera, amount of textures allowed for them, etc. By geometry performance game is not utilize power of modern gpu, but if limit really exist, better to make new mod which collapse nearest objects in to single meshes, then performance will be much higher (but it's a lot of work).

Did tests of MSI Afterburner as it screen and video capturing not work starting from 0.177 version. It's bug in Afterburner, it crash at startup when code size of the mod bigger than some limit. I don't see any reason to make workaround by decreasing mod size via several dlls. If you want that program to work, report to authors.

New version of memory reducing almost finished. Made compression (used fastest existing algorithm, but with official hi-res textures loading takes 3 seconds longer) to decrease memory usage even on x86 systems without enbhost.exe. And did dynamic unloading to fix freezing, low fps and black textures, but not yet tweaked properly yet, it may take a lot of time to get statistics, so don't expect this feature will start to work from first day.

*sensei*

ENBSeries wrote:No, this unfixable from my side without huge performance cost. Depth precision is already maxed in skyrim, the only way to reduce problem is to increase camera near clip distance, don't know where to set, but guess this possible as i see many screenshots which definetly have much shorter clip plane range than my game setup. Search undocumented skyrimprefs.ini parameters like "near clip", "far clip", "near dist", "far dist", "camera near", etc.
Thanks for the reply.

2uGrids people:
There seems to be a better solution to increase the distant details. Basically, just render everything in full detail by setting "Is Full LOD" flag on world objects.
That's better because:
1) It will use all that RAM Boris gave us
2) No additional stress from more Papyrus/Ai/whatever there is on those distant lands. Unlike uGrids, that also loads everything else: creatures, npc's, scripts running on em.
3) Safe for your save, can be disabled anytime. See above.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/29363