TES Skyrim 0.200

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim 0.200

Getting more hung load screens with test dll.

What ENBlocal values do you recommend for testing?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Version for testing issues with enhost.exe for those users, who have issues. Questions?

TO ALL:
If you don't want to post results and just downloading test versions, once i'll get mad and will not publish any tests, live with your problems.

Gruftlord

results:

longer loading times, but less microstutter with new dll. same performance (no ENBoost gave me a performance compared to no ENB, only reduce stutter, increase VRAM and reduce RAM).

in general for my GTX560m (1,5GB VRAM, mobile), 8GB RAM Wi 7 64bit (toshiba qosmio x770-107) i use ttf512f

with unsafehack set to false (and therefor enbhost extension) i get more microstutter (FPS limiter set to 57).
not sure if my Grapics card is too weak, or my ram too slow or my drivers too old (310 branch) to make good use of this enbhost feature, i simply get a smoother experience with the hack set to true.

best feature for me (never had problems with the 3,1 GB limit. don't use too many texture overhauls), the best part of ENBoost is the near complete elimination of cell load short freezes (you know, these 0.5 second freezes when a cell with lots of enemies loads). they are gone now. FPS even stays smooth.
also microstutter is heavily reduced.

thank you very much for this whole enboost project

ENBSeries wrote:Version for testing issues with enhost.exe for those users, who have issues. Questions?

TO ALL:
If you don't want to post results and just downloading test versions, once i'll get mad and will not publish any tests, live with your problems.

I see. Sorry, I didn't have issues with enbhost.exe.

Testing with stables settings, ugrids=5, uExterior Cell Buffer=42..
I've been just as stable as ever, I think even a bit better performance.

With ugrids=7....
This is where I get hung loading screen trying to go to exterior spaces.

I was able to actually play these settings using the normal 0.200 dll with these settings.

I'm going to try to bump up my cell buffer to see if I get my usual CTD/freeze.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

APreciousPony wrote:
ENBSeries wrote:Version for testing issues with enhost.exe for those users, who have issues. Questions?

TO ALL:

I see. Sorry, I didn't have issues with enbhost.exe.

Testing with stables settings, ugrids=5, uExterior Cell Buffer=42..

With ugrids=7....
This is where I get hung loading screen trying to go to exterior spaces.

I was able to actually play these settings using the normal 0.200 dll with these settings.

I'm going to try to bump up my cell buffer to see if I get my usual CTD/freeze.
If ugrid 5 is working well than it's not the ENB issue. Higher Ugrid than 5 are more problematic than beneficial. I can never run ugrid 7 without random freezes or CTD.

With the newest .dll, a lot of the problems I was having with the last version (likely the enbhost not working on my end) seem quite better. Before, I was having to load ReservedMemorySize to around 256 just to get certain saves in certain locations (like Falkreith or Riverwood) to load at all, at a huge cost in fps. Now, all the way at ugrids=9, all saves are loading fantastically, my ram usage is averaging under 2 gigs (with my vram increasing appropriately) and I'm seeing very very few crashes, even at the extreme ugrids with a -ton- of graphics mods.

I don't know what magic you're pulling, Boris, but every single release of this mod has made performance better!

APreciousPony wrote:
ENBSeries wrote: Testing with stables settings, ugrids=5, uExterior Cell Buffer=42..

With ugrids=7....
Everyone says to use uGrids=x, uExterior Cell Buffer=(x+1)*(x+1). I don't know where the formula was officially stated, but the guide at geforce uses that formula.

So for uGrids=5 it should be (5+1)*(5+1) so uExterior Cell Buffer=36, for uGrids=7 it would be uExterior Cell Buffer=64.

The values for uGrids= 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 respectively are uExterior Cell Buffer= 16, 36, 64, 100, 144. uGrids always needs to be an odd number. I haven't heard of anyone going over 11, and 11 is generally unstable for the engine from what I have heard.

If you aren't increasing the cell buffer, that could be your problem if your system can otherwise handle it.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

edwyn wrote:
APreciousPony wrote:
ENBSeries wrote: Testing with stables settings, ugrids=5, uExterior Cell Buffer=42..

With ugrids=7....
Everyone says to use uGrids=x, uExterior Cell Buffer=(x+1)*(x+1). I don't know where the formula was officially stated, but the guide at geforce uses that formula.

So for uGrids=5 it should be (5+1)*(5+1) so uExterior Cell Buffer=36, for uGrids=7 it would be uExterior Cell Buffer=64.

The values for uGrids= 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 respectively are uExterior Cell Buffer= 16, 36, 64, 100, 144. uGrids always needs to be an odd number. I haven't heard of anyone going over 11, and 11 is generally unstable for the engine from what I have heard.

If you aren't increasing the cell buffer, that could be your problem if your system can otherwise handle it.

it's base on how many mods you have man. Like i have mentioned above I can never run ugrid 7 without issues. Tried everything. If someone think they can make it happen on my PC I will personally paypal $40 USD.

Verdence wrote:With the newest .dll, a lot of the problems I was having with the last version (likely the enbhost not working on my end) seem quite better. Before, I was having to load ReservedMemorySize to around 256 just to get certain saves in certain locations (like Falkreith or Riverwood) to load at all, at a huge cost in fps. Now, all the way at ugrids=9, all saves are loading fantastically, my ram usage is averaging under 2 gigs (with my vram increasing appropriately) and I'm seeing very very few crashes, even at the extreme ugrids with a -ton- of graphics mods.

I don't know what magic you're pulling, Boris, but every single release of this mod has made performance better!
I don't know a lot about directx wrappers, but I think he is essentially capturing the directx calls being made by the game with his d3d9.dll wrapper and reworking them to be efficient before sending them on to the hardware rendering. With enbhost.exe, my guess is that he is forking some of the threads to a new process to store the data needed during the gpu calculations so the main exe can release it ie not have its address space (which is limited to 4gb for x32, and has to hold OS information) taken up with data not needed at the moment by the game directly, and then just sending the results back to the game.

I would love to know more about how it actually is being done, especially if I am way off. It's really too bad people misused the code last time Boris released it to anyone.

@Boris are there any white papers on your methods you would link?

*sensei*

Ha just woke up. Posting my results after 1 hour
Sound :: Creative X-Fi Titanium