TES Skyrim 0.201

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim 0.201

This version runs smooth for me, physicsfix, vsync, fps limiter disabled with following memory settings:

[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=true
DisablePreloadToVRAM=true
ReservedMemorySizeMb=64
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false

(Some lags at start due to the disabled preloading to vram), after a 360' turn, it is gone. fps limiter does not seem to work properly yet, need further testing.

The English guide doesn't seem to link correctly anymore, apparently I'm spamming?

I still experience crashes in heavily modified areas, despite the [Memory] settings I chose, as well as saves that will not load. However, the load save issue is much improved over previous ENB versions. If someone tells me what statistics are being looked for I will run SPM and do some tests. I will also explain anything I can in greater detail if necessary while attempting not to trip the spam filter. Thank you for ENB!

Edit - FPS limiter does not seem to work properly for me either.

I5 3500, 16gb Ripjaw RAM, 2x Crossfire AMD 6970

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

MOTOSXORPIO
Nothing happen at no reason, right? The same code and hardware compatible always compute 2+2=4, everything else is software installed. So search what produce problem, it's absolutely not depends from anybody, except you.

refusedzero
Do you mean that game don't have CTD without ENBSeries/ENBoost?

Damn, i'm so much tired experimenting with memory manager, microsoft idiots not made separation between local (real) video memory and non-local (ram with direct memory acess) video memory. As result, i unable to guarantee high performance when looking on many textured objects and amount of video memory much less than those textures and geometry. To render i need to delete old in vram, copy new from ram to vram many times each frame, but if allocated in video memory texture or geometry is actually created to non-local video memory (in ram, former "agp memory"), then performance is much lower, even if a lot of free vram from statistics. Sometime it work with almost no performance loss in such case, but mostly not. I even did code which removes those objects, which were allocated in video memory when it's free amount was big, but again no difference. Seems all NVidia cards add 512 mb of that "non local" memory, but may be it's only on my system WinXP x86 with 3 gb ram, could be greater value when 4 gb or when x64 OS. Perhaps better to ignore this problem, if user play with videocard which don't have much VRAM, then he/she must not use texture packs and higher ugrid setting. The only one solution i have is to make small copies of every texture and use them instead of real size when free memory is low, but without source code not simple task to compute texture mipmap detail on screen, so approximate distance factor could be used and such texture may look very blurry for some objects.

*master*

The fpslimiter gives HUGE stutters, with or without memory optimizations. with or without physics fix.
Without fps limiter, there is no stutter at all...

I really, really, really need fpslimiter because of to hot graphics card...
(it reaches dangerously 98c without fps limiter)
|-i7 5820K| Corsair SSD 60 GB | | OCZ Vector 4 SSD 256 GB | 2x 1 tb RAID | Nvidia GTX 980 OC 4GB VRAM |Corsair DDR4 16GB 2400mhz | Corsair H90i |OCZ 1000w GOLD | Asus Rampage Extreme V| Thermaltake Level 10 GT Black l

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

You said it work when did tests

I still get crash to desktop and saves that cannot load with v2.01, but I have significantly less of them. I also find I can load some saves that were previously unable to load but some still remain forever load screens. Unloading VRAM seems to lower the amount of crashes in heavily modified areas, but it causes a big lag and can cause crashes sometimes itself. I notice the crashes only seem to happen when rendering lots of characters and objects.

Edit - My FPS limiter works at 60, but any lower and it goes over the limit (I set it to 35 and my FPS was around 45).
Last edited by refusedzero on 12 Aug 2013, 22:35, edited 1 time in total.

*master*

ENBSeries wrote:You said it work when did tests
yes, but I posted, about that issue, after you said you were done with the test... :/
|-i7 5820K| Corsair SSD 60 GB | | OCZ Vector 4 SSD 256 GB | 2x 1 tb RAID | Nvidia GTX 980 OC 4GB VRAM |Corsair DDR4 16GB 2400mhz | Corsair H90i |OCZ 1000w GOLD | Asus Rampage Extreme V| Thermaltake Level 10 GT Black l

*sensei*

Boris
Amount is different for each system, my amount shared is actually kinda insane even thou I don´t have overkill with RAM :\
Nvidia Control Panel:

klotim
98C?? Set a custom fan curve with MSI afterburner if on air, if not your parts inside your pc will go bad and start failing over time or worse :>
Around 80C is more normal even for SLI on air :>

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

play on ugrid 5 never have a single issues. Anything higher is a fking headache, not worth the hassle.

*master*

Boris

Do your best, but don't forget users and modders have responsabilities too.
Adaptive quality is also a good help to reduce consumed video memory.

Yes, a solution could be to dynamically reduce texture resolution according to distance. But I don't know if can be done.
Or maybe could you do it according to mipmaps or lod ?
Asus P8Z77-V, G.Skill TridentX 2x4go PC3-19200 CL9, Intel Core i5-3570K (3.4 GHz), Gigabyte Geforce GTX 670 WindForce 3x OC(335.23), Samsung SSD 840 Pro 128go+500Go 7200RPM SATA III, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, Windows 8.1 Pro x64, The Grim and Somber ENB