TES Skyrim 0.206

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*master*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.206

No lagging issues here, but I don't see the reflection effect anymore (Was same with .205 when I checked). Increasing to max brightness, and using enable/disable, I saw no changes.

SSAO is barely visible when mixing is set to 0. But I'd have to look at the chart about blending again.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Either its random (or otherwise beyond what I understand) or the changes I made helped as second test was very smooth - back to 5-20 second load times when fast travel or zoning. Had no problems second testing.

[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=true // changed from false to true
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=512
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false

[WINDOW]
ForceBorderless=false
ForceBorderlessFullscreen=false

[ENGINE]
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=true
MaxAnisotropy=16
EnableVSync=false // disabled ALL vsync including Nvidia driver setting and SkyrimPref.INI setting.
AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions=false

[LIMITER]
WaitBusyRenderer=false
EnableFPSLimit=false
FPSLimit=60.0

Seems stable, but then again. I haven't had problems with most of the dll's so I don't have much to compare.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I did 4 more short tests. 3 more were all very smooth (same settings as last post). Decent load times, few stutters, comparable FPS to what version 201 and earlier. 4th test, everything the same as others, I got a drop to 5-6 and then screen locked. But more likely just something on my end - so I plan to continue to play with 206 for now as overall it has been the most stable and comparable to 201.

*sensei*

I love the IDEA of what you are doing, because it brings an entire generation of hardware up a notch and lets people without twin Titans (you know what I mean) enjoy the glory that is modded Skyrim.

With that said, I am really hoping you do decide to make the option to turn off the medium/low memory checks for people that run on high texture mode. Let it default to the new post-v0.200 code, so that it is on by default for most people, and let the people with memory set to high have the option to go in and manually turn it off to avoid the stutters it can cause for them.

I'm still testing the latest with vsync and frame limiter on and off, and various other settings, but it doesn't seem to make too much of a difference on my hardware. For long play sessions I am still using my old v0.200 files just because i am a smoothness freak.

I will say this though, the latest versions have been rock solid. SPF is insane and I can't even remember the last time I had a CTD. :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

charly wrote:hmmm,

i found my Problem

[MEMORY]
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=false <----when this is true my load Time get from 5sec to 1min
DisableDriverMemoryManager=true
ReservedMemorySizeMb=512
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false

for what is this setting?

For Information My PC:

GTX 680 4GB @ SLI
Intel i7 3930K
32GB Ram
4x SSD 512Gb Games @ Strippe
1x SSD 256 System
Rampage 4 Extreme
Actually this seems quiet logic on your System Boris said he uses some kind of compression could take longer to load on your system as you aren't Memory bound neither is IO a big problem for your system due to the SSD setup, so i guess it could backfire on you :)

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

*sensei*

Phinix wrote: I am really hoping you do decide to make the option to turn off the medium/low memory checks for people that run on high texture mode.
Boris said on the first post that 0.206 is doing only texture compression if option set to "high". Hopefully, that's high or ultra high option. I'm stuck at work, so I can't test. Bummer. :cry:
"Tried to make faster bugfix to modded textures by ignoring most of them, so if texture quality in video options set to "high", then only time spent to compress memory (about 300-700 mb per second, depends from cpu), so less stuttering when cells loading and faster loading in general."
OrganicENB SE
OrganicENB LE

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

charly
I wrote many times why loading takes longer, it's fix to game bug. In latest version it's improved, so take less time to load. When ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=false memory reducing not work at all. At least set it to true and EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=true (but then it's much more problems and no alt+tab working).

CruNcher
With EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=true all versions are the same after 0.200 (previous from 0.193 too, except one bug fixed).

wolfgrimdark
Don't know why it take much time to load, if this version should not. What about 0.205 and 0.204, do they both have long loading times and oldest (may be 0.201) shorter? Then you did something to skyrimprefs.ini threads setting and my protection stop other threads.

electricsheep26354
Until i can repeat stuttering on my gpu, it will not be fixed, because it's something with internal statistics for memory, probably it's filled to max, may be because driver reported wrong video memory amount or some other application locked it.

DaemonWhite
I didn't any changes to graphics from the time of memory management manipulations.

Phinix
I already disabled bugfix for textures at maximal quality and if you don't like this, don't expect any changes from me, because it's compression and i will not turn it off as it give 1.5 times more ram and it's the fastest algorithm in the world (lz4).

skysan4298
Boris said on the first post that 0.206 is doing only texture compression if option set to "high"
No, compressing everything. Bugfix is creating texture and save it, then create again from saved, that's why very long loading times. In this version i tried to compute size approximately and if it not differ, just create texture once.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Setting

iTexMipMapSkip=1

Totally removes the stutter in v 0.206 for me but obviously reduces texture quality - will put back to 0

EDIT
Running 0.206 with these settings gives me no stutter at all

ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=true
ReservedMemorySizeMb=360
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=true

I know this won't use enbhost but performance is much better for me

Is compression still used with these settings?

Will continue to test new versions though

i7 11700k @5.2GHz
RTX 4080
32gb DDR4 RAM C16
WDBlack 2TB Gen 4 NVMEe SSD
Over 100TB of additional storage

my Flickr
my videos

*sensei*

Best so far since post 0.200 texture bugfix was added. A very tiny not-even-half second pause once a while, but much smoother overall game play. An exterior load is about 15 seconds which is about the same with the previous ENB. I tried 0.200 again to compare, and ENB displayed "newer version available" message even when the internet connection was down. Wonder how Boris noticed there was a newer version. ;)
OrganicENB SE
OrganicENB LE