TES Skyrim 0.217

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim 0.217

Hey boris, I don't know much about what Skyrim allows you to do but I was wondering, is it possible to add texture space diffusion with the 3D cyan and red effect (see picture below), maybe in image space as an effect for certain objects only. Please don't call me stupid :lol: I only know how to program it but not if it can be done in skyrim.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

RedFlamez
And what should i do with that?

@CruNcher Thank you. Actually, I exagerated it at the texture side, wanted to see how far I could go before looking like a boiled crab, and this is actually too much :P, but I could clearly what it does, there's almost no information about how this map works on Skyrim characters, so experimenting have been almost the only way that I've found.

@Boris well there are some sk maps for males that actually works, but really low res and (imo) too dark. For females, the one linked by CruNcher (MrTroubleMaker's) is in my opinion a good example of a map that works great with ENB's SSS. Anyways, from the character textures, they are the maps that have received less atention, probably 'cause of the bronze lines bug and the little info about how to deal with them, but I'm with CruNcher, if you bypass them there won't be reasons to try to improve them.

*master*

It would be nice if we could adjust the skylight feature independent from the actual sky brightness. I know it would not be technically correct lighting, but at night, the skylight is a nice alternative to increasing ambient or image based lighting. In my enberies I already have the ambient min level skylight settings at their max of 1.0, but I would still aesthetically like to see more skylight. Maybe there could be a multiplier added in addition to the ambient min level settings? If there is another way to achieve this in current versions, I would be thankful to hear it.

*master*

number6 wrote:It would be nice if we could adjust the skylight feature independent from the actual sky brightness. I know it would not be technically correct lighting, but at night, the skylight is a nice alternative to increasing ambient or image based lighting. In my enberies I already have the ambient min level skylight settings at their max of 1.0, but I would still aesthetically like to see more skylight. Maybe there could be a multiplier added in addition to the ambient min level settings? If there is another way to achieve this in current versions, I would be thankful to hear it.
AmbientColorFilterAmountNight=0.0 <===adjust this for level of filter for ambient blending
Example:
AmbientColorFilterTopNight=0.314, 0.314, 0.314
AmbientColorFilterMiddleNight=0.157, 0.157, 0.157
AmbientColorFilterBottomNight=0.353, 0.353, 0.353

Or...adjust DirectLightingIntensityNight=

There are a few ways to make things brighter. Experimentation with large/small values to see what exactly settings do, revert to default and adjust in small increments.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Skylighting not depends from sky intensity, it's not image based lighting. All it do is decreasing ambient color, not anything else.

ENBSeries wrote:RedFlamez
Maybe try to get some similar effect on your new sub surface scattering, it makes skin look really good :)

My Examples in Unity3D
Before:

After:

MOTOSXORPIO wrote:
Are all these saves that you are testing menu saves, and not autosaves? Scripting doesn't pause ingame during autosaves, this can corrupt an autosave, if I understand it correctly.
What I do is disable the ini autosave feature and use Autosave Manager instead, which is a SKSE app that you can adjust via MCM menu. Checking the papyrus script, this mod does pause the scripts when it saves. I've set this to save every 9 minutes (without messages) and also after combat (I use incremental saves, so it saves sequentially to a new save to a predefine number before it saves over an old file, very handy especially if you can get Unique Region Names working properly.), I've also set incremental quick save via this app (not the Skyrim default) to F5.

Great mod.

(Note: I have noted that very very occasionally, scripts running doesn't like to be freezed and saving either via Autosave manager or otherwise will cause CTDs during save. Just an observation. This happens very rarely.)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

RedFlamez wrote:
ENBSeries wrote:RedFlamez
Maybe try to get some similar effect on your new sub surface scattering, it makes skin look really good :)

My Examples in Unity3D
Before:

After:
hmm wouldn't a simple Gaussian blur on the diffuse haven't the same effect ?

also your output shows these cyan and red parts how can this look good ?

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

RedFlamez
If you mean to use this information as distance for sss, it will produce very noticable seams and not work as sss. I'm fine with my old sss code from re4, seems it is popular in modern engines.