TES Skyrim 0.217

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.217

it's not texturepacks i recompress, i mostly test textures that are directly visible in the test scene @ a given FOV state that where provided by the authors in 2 versions mostly a medium compressed dxt5 version and a uncompressed rgb version.

Most of the times i dunno which tools they used to compress to the DXT or RGB .dds state almost no one tells you that :)

they could have used the Nvidia encoder or some other most of the times you are absolutely in the Dark how they created the .dds and so it's also hard to analyze maybe a problem in the encoder with ENB wich might cause these temporarily instabilities if you don't know which Encoder was used to compress the texture :(

Ehh djuplift a texture compressor is not their to enhance the performance it's their to lower the space the texture needs in the contrary depending on the compression it can cause even more overhead and slow down @ the decoding state and it can cause compression artifacts (macroblocking) @ the dct (quantization) stage.

DXT is also a very old standard and severely needs to get replaced :)

djuplift thx i will try the savegame cleaner on this test scene and see if it gets the texture save load situation stable in my testing :)

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

*master*

CruNcher wrote: Ehh djuplift a texture compressor is not their to enhance the performance it's their to lower the space the texture needs in the contrary depending on the compression it can cause even more overhead and slow down @ the decoding state and it can cause compression artifacts (macroblocking) @ the dct (quantization) stage.

DXT is also a very old standard and severely needs to get replaced :)

djuplift thx i will try the savegame cleaner on this test scene and see if it gets the texture save load situation stable in my testing :)
They sure advertise that shit as a way to increase performance...

Example http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/12801/?
Textures Check, Fix, Compress, Improves Perfomace. Extra: Optimizer BSA.
Games: Skyrim, Fallout 3 & NV, Stalker, Oblivion, Morrowind, GTA4, Mount & Blade and others.
Edit: they can't even spell Performance right.. LOL

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

it can it depends on the compression encoding/decoding time vs the bandwith ratio i would say though MipMaps save the most performance as you don't continuously have to rescale the texture based on it's lod, boris ENB though uses a very good realtime lossless compression that lowers bandwith and is really fast :)

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

djuplift wrote:I use the SKyrim save cleaner after I change/remove any mods/textures and it seems to keep me from having any such issues..

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/31724/?

Also I would advise against compressing any texture packs, as doing so has been known to cause issues.

I have experimented using the texture compressor and the performance gain seems to be negligible, add the risk for more issues after doing so and that makes it not worth it to me..
You have it completely backwards

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

CruNcher
My compression is only 1.5 ratio and affect data in ram only. If textures uncompressed, then they longer loading (stuttering on cells transitions) and use more video memory.
DXT compression is good thing in graphics, but everything depends from compressor, good quality only can be achieved by complex algorithms when same image compressed many times and then compared to initial data to choose better one. NVidia DDS plugin for photoshop work slow, but i mean even slower, for some images processing require minutes to find the best result. Nobody care from modders about such things, so for sure they use any available method.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Guys, i want to make sun glare via enbsunsprite.fx based on latest changes of shader for simpler editing, but can't work absolutely, i'm broken. May be someone else can make it, publish on nexus under own name and reply there? I'm turning on pc, sitting in front of display without doing anything, except checking forum and email each half hour, then back to bed. Shaders are simple, i can help with their coding or create generic versions of them, with textures. But can't mix them together and setup each sprite, all the final preparations, description how to use, etc. Base shaders prepared with enbsunsprite.fx as main file and any number of additional like enbsunsprite_anamorphic.fx included. You need to have enough time to work, because if some shader requested, i'll write it immediately. Or may be i should make topic where to put parts of code with description...

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Boris
Don't know if you ignored my question since it made no sense no you, or if it was an oversight, so here I go again ;) :
Is it possible to implement setable vars for AA methods ? Like a threshold for SubPixel AA ?...
I'll take care of that sunglare thing ;) As soon as I'm done with prepass additions.
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Haven't seen your questions.
Subpixel antialiasing cost a lot of performance, i don't want to add more instructions to control it somehow and also don't know what to control, it's 4+1 samples reading with offset, nobody give parameters for hardware msaa x4, right? Increasing quality as amount of samples will not give anything, because specular artifacts must be fixed in different way, via power control, it's harder to make at shader recompilation stage, but again it's not the thing which can be controlled, math is too much simple.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

No problem. Have some rest, you deserve it ;)
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*master*

CruNcher wrote:I still try to find out what causes these ENB load savegame instabilities (direct CTD after Save state is loaded and about to get displayed)
i don't understand this random behavior and it's pattern especially if this once happened and i free the system memory state by closing applications it doesn't fix that once unstable the chance to get it stable again is very small without interfering in some way :(

It's mostly like that it's super stable and i test stuff then i change some texture to test it load the save the save CTDs then i rechange the texture mostly these changes are between compressed and uncompressed and then load the savegame again and it CTDs again and doesn't get stable anymore :(

Once iam in this unstable ENB load savegame CTD state a fix that most times works is i disable the ENB hook completely start the game without ENB and load the savegame most of the times the savegame then doesn't CTD and loads successful :)

Then after the Savegame got loaded successful without ENB the chance that the System is stable again is very high and then i enable the ENB hook again and load the savegame and it doesn't CTD most of the times then anymore with ENB after one time successful load without ENB :)
I guess I have got this problem, too. I did not link it to ENB or changing textures untill now. I m currently frequently modifying my skin textures and/or body meshes. I allways get this "ctd after loading" after some time since a week or two. I didnt found any solution for it, only the fact that skyrim runs great when starting the pc and running skyrim without changing anything. Now, after reading Cruncher's post I realise that I m changing textures very often in the past week and that this could definetly be the same problem. But I m not changing the compression or even format of the textures. I m just changing the brightness of the specular-texture for example and save it again. I m using a heavy modded Skyrim (200+ Mods) but with the new ENB with memory management it was running without problems - but now I m getting this "ctd after loading" very often. At least its good to see that I m not the only one with this problem ...