TES Skyrim 0.223

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.223

Sorry I didn't post any results earlier as I, first, was reluctant to upgrade cuz it seemed a little bit daunting, and then, when I did, I had to adjust lens effects for every weather (I'm using Opethfeldt 7beta2 right now which has something like 51 enb weathers) and then played with it for a bit. I think my dirt settings are a little strong (Opeth has very bright fire settings so it gets a lot of lens reflection), but other than that, even without modifying shaders and just using the enbseries.ini files this is truly beautiful and the potential for this is, I think, spectacular. I can't wait to see what Oyama and some of you other master tweakers come up with :)

With EnableCompression=false I didn't do any specific tests to see how high my memory went but rather decided to see how it played ('cuz I'm fairly sure your average user isn't going to be looking at their Ram usage the entire time they play) and all I noticed was smoother gameplay. No stutters, slightly better framerate (1-5 frames depending on the scene). I may do some more specific tests today if I get the time.

I'll try to get some screens up later today (I think I've finally got my wireless kinks out of my setup so my connection has been much more reliable lately so I SHOULD be able to).

[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=true
ReservedMemorySizeMb=512
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
VideoMemorySizeMb=4096
EnableCompression=false

I decided to, temporarily, have the same lens settings for each weather and then tweak later as I see issues arise... so much simpler...
[LENS]
ReflectionIntensitySunrise=0.08
ReflectionIntensityDay=0.1
ReflectionIntensitySunset=0.11
ReflectionIntensityNight=0.05
ReflectionIntensityInteriorDay=0.0
ReflectionIntensityInteriorNight=0.0
ReflectionPowerSunrise=4.0
ReflectionPowerDay=4.01
ReflectionPowerSunset=4.0
ReflectionPowerNight=4.0
ReflectionPowerInteriorDay=4.0
ReflectionPowerInteriorNight=4.0
DirtIntensitySunrise=0.24
DirtIntensityDay=0.33
DirtIntensitySunset=0.3
DirtIntensityNight=0.64
DirtIntensityInteriorDay=0.15
DirtIntensityInteriorNight=0.15
DirtPowerSunrise=1.5
DirtPowerDay=1.7
DirtPowerSunset=1.8
DirtPowerNight=1.8
DirtPowerInteriorDay=1.5
DirtPowerInteriorNight=1.5

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Boris
Dumb questions, episode 4 :lol: :
Can we think about 2 vertex shaders in the enblens.fx, or shall I apply uniform vars to the only VS-Draw, then choose to use them in the Lens post pass only ? (such as scale, offsets, etc..)
Having 2 PS_Draws is a good thing for additional color filters, effects, etc... I was just wondering about the vertex.
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Doshu
I said hundred of times, injector version not differ from wrapper. If it is, search problem on your side, what the shit hook in to game process.

Oyama
Doesn't matter for vertex shaders or pixels shaders, but you can't do two or more techniques with the same name or Draw/Draw1/Draw2/etc, it's not multipass.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ENBSeries wrote: Oyama
Doesn't matter for vertex shaders or pixels shaders, but you can't do two or more techniques with the same name or Draw/Draw1/Draw2/etc, it's not multipass.
OK, at least I can add scale parameter somewhere...
Color Filters work as intended on both FX and mask.
Pity it's not multipass....
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Existing two passes more than enough for any lens reflection, including dynamically switching of them.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I was just going to do some memory compression comparison tests, to get a more precise indication of what's going on, but now when EnableCompression=false my save game won't load. I either get infinite loading screen or the loading screen actually freezes (animated random object and fog stop moving entirely) and Skyrim becomes not responding so I have to manually kill it. It worked fine yesterday so I'm not sure what the problem is now. I updated a few of my mods but I'm not sure why disabling compression would cause this. I'll do some poking around and see if I can find what's causing it, but I thought I'd inform you just in case there is some sort of bug. I have a hunch it's on my side though (heavily modded Skyrim and all that).

EDIT: Actually... scratch all that... it's happening with EnableCompression=true now too... definitely something on my end... d'oh!

Oyama wrote: (snip) another AO method as an alternative (snip)
Speaking of which, have you tried nVIDIA's new HBAO+ in Skyrim? I haven't had time yet, and I imagine Boris' AO is better still, but it'd be interesting to try it out.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Fequois wrote:
Speaking of which, have you tried nVIDIA's new HBAO+ in Skyrim? I haven't had time yet, and I imagine Boris' AO is better still, but it'd be interesting to try it out.
Nvidia AO methods do not include any Indirect Lighting algorythm, so I don't give a single shit about them, Skyrim wise ;)

Oyama wrote:
Fequois wrote:
Nvidia AO methods do not include any Indirect Lighting algorythm, so I don't give a single shit about them, Skyrim wise ;)
i actually just started using nvidia AO (fallout 3 preset) for skyrim with RealVision ENB (ENB AO disabled ofc), im really liking it. the game has a higher quality look to it now. i tried nvidia AO a few months back but there was an FPS hit compared to ENB so i stuck with ENB AO but now i think its the same, maybe even a couple more frames vs ENB.

almost forgot why i came here. ENB .223 is freaking AWESOME. the game is so smooth now, no stutter or anything.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Folks, i need photos of fire (tourch) in the night interiors and may be in castles/dungeons, anything like that. Of course made with good cameras, without artificial light. What i see on all presets doesn't fit to my feeling of reality, but don't remember anything with fire in darkness, how skin lit by it.